Host institutions would normally be Canadian. Where an internship is proposed outside of Canada, the candidate will have to demonstrate the absence of a similar training/collaborative opportunity within Canada and strongly demonstrate the added value of pursuing the collaboration (for example, bringing back a novel technique to Canada).
Details of the Exchange Program:
- SCN will provide support for travel to and from the host institution, as well as up to CDN $1,000/month for living expenses.
- The length of the internship will be for a maximum of 3 months.
- Available funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-considered basis, and subject to approval by the SCN Training & Education Committee.
- Candidates must be a Principal Investigator or Highly Qualified Personnel (i.e. research assistant, graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or research associate) working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- The proposed research must be aligned with the mission of the Stem Cell Network.
- The applicant needs to clearly justify the choice of the host research group. When proposing internship outside of Canada, the candidate needs to demonstrate that the training offered abroad cannot be obtained in Canada and needs to strongly justify the value of the collaborating opportunity.
- Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time and no later than three months prior to the proposed internship start date. Applications will be reviewed by the Training & Education Committee on an ad-hoc.
- The candidate, home supervisor and host supervisor should jointly complete and submit an application form. Note that in the case of a Principal Investigator applying for an Exchange award, the SCN Scientific Director, Dr. Michael Rudnicki, must support the application by acting as the home supervisor.
- The completed application should be emailed to Rebecca Cadwalader at the SCN office for review – email email@example.com
- The Training & Education Committee will review the application, and the applicants will be notified of the decision within 60 days of receipt of the application.
- Following completion of the Exchange, the candidate must provide the SCN office with a report. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received at the SCN office.