Who Should Attend?: Trainees in the field of stem cell biology or regenerative medicine.
Dates: September 10-17, 2017
Location: Hydra, Greece
Program and to apply to attend Hydra: visit the Hydra XIII website
Application Deadline to attend the Hydra Summer School is Monday, May 1, 2017
Successful applicants will be notified the week of Monday, June 5, 2017
SCN Travel Support:
Only a few SCN travel awards are available for the Hydra Summer School. Therefore, all candidates accepted for participation, who wish to apply for a SCN travel award, should send their application to SCN no later than Wednesday, June 14, 2017, by e-mail to Rebecca Cadwalader at email@example.com
How to apply:
Complete the application form and return it, along with any additional documents required, by 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Wednesday, June 14, 2017 to Rebecca Cadwalader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected applicants will be notified by Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
Details of the SCN Travel Award:
- Applicants should provide confirmation from the Hydra Summer School organizers that they have been accepted as a participant.
- SCN travel award application deadline is 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
- The SCN travel award will cover travel expenses associated with attending the summer school:
- Travel to/from the Hydra Summer School location
- Accommodation at the Hydra Summer School location for the period September 9-17
- Reimbursement will be processed following the workshop and in accordance with the SCN Travel Booking & Reimbursement Policy (policy will be provided to the selected applicants).
- The SCN travel award does not cover the Hydra Summer School registration fee
Eligibility for the SCN Award:
- Applicants must be a highly-qualified personnel (i.e. a graduate student, post-doc, research associate and/or technician) currently working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- Applicants must be working on a research project related to stem cells or regenerative medicine.
Reporting and communications requirements:
By accepting a SCN award, the recipient agrees to provide a report describing the value of the training and networking opportunities made available through the award. This information will be used at SCNs discretion on its website, newsletters and for the purpose of reporting to their funding agencies. By registering for this workshop attendees also consent to have their pictures taken during event and used in reporting tools as mentioned above. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received.