SCN will provide up to ten International Travel Awards for trainees or Highly Qualified Personnel to attend international conferences or meetings on stem cells, cell therapy and regenerative medicine. Interested trainees can apply at any time for this award, however the proposed international conference or meeting should take place before February 1, 2018.
Details of the international travel award
- SCN will provide support for travel between the city where the international meeting is taking place and the home city of the successful applicant, including flights, ground transportation, accommodation, and meals not provided by the event.
- Note that this award does not cover conference or meeting registration fees.
- Available funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-considered basis, and subject to approval by SCN management or the SCN Training & Education Committee.
- Candidates must be a Trainee or Highly Qualified Personnel (i.e. graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, research assistant or research associate) working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- The proposed international meeting must be aligned with the mission of the Stem Cell Network, and should take place before February 1, 2018.
- The applicant needs to clearly justify their attendance at the proposed international meeting and explain how attending the meeting will benefit their research project, career goals and the work of their home lab.
- The applicant must provide proof that their submitted abstract has been accepted for presentation by the organizers of the international meeting.
- Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications will be reviewed by SCN management or the Training & Education Committee on an ad-hoc basis.
- The completed application should be emailed to Rebecca Cadwalader at the SCN office for review – email email@example.com
- SCN management or the Training & Education Committee will review the application, and the applicants will be notified of the decision within 30 days of receipt of the application.
Reporting and Communication Requirements
By accepting a SCN International Travel Award, the recipient agrees to provide a short report describing the value of the training and networking opportunities made available through the award. This information will be used at SCN’s discretion on its website, newsletters and for the purpose of reporting to its funding agency. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received at the SCN office.
For further information on applying for a SCN International Travel Award, please contact Rebecca Cadwalader at firstname.lastname@example.org