Connecting Canada and the UK Part 2: Networking Event
Note: This event is hosted online.
The Canadian Stem Cell Network (SCN) and the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) are committed to translating stem cell and regenerative medicine science from the lab to clinical applications. The Canadian Stem Cell Network and UK Medical Research Council are partnering to offer an International Exchange Programme, which will give support for PhD, Post-docs, technicians and newly independent investigators to embark on exchanges between Canada and the UK for training, learning skills and knowledge exchange.
To support the launch of the International Exchange Programme, SCN and MRC with the support of UKRMP are hosting a networking event scheduled for Tuesday, July 19 , from 11 am – 1 pm ET/4 pm – 6 pm GMT. The purpose of this event is to give principal investigators a platform to promote their research program to potential exchange scientists, to provide scientists in the early stages of their career an opportunity to connect with exchange hosts they are interested in working with, as well as to encourage further communication and collaboration between the UK and Canada.
Who Should Attend?
Investigators working in the field of regenerative medicine and their trainees (i.e., a post-doc, graduate student, research associate, or technician) who are interested in the opportunity to expand their networks, participate in a UK-Canadian exchange program, and forge new research collaborations between the two countries.
- Introduce attendees to research networks in Canada and the UK
- Provide an opportunity for exchange scientists and exchange hosts to connect and prepare to submit applications for the exchange program
Format and Dates:
This networking event is scheduled for Tuesday, July 19, from 11 am – 1 pm ET/4 pm – 6 pm GMT.
In the first hour of the networking event, there are a limited number of speaking slots for principal investigators (or their senior lab representatives) interested in hosting an exchange to give 3 minute ‘elevator pitches’ about their research program, including key research areas, skills, and techniques.
In the second hour, prospective exchange scientists (PhD/MSc students, post-doctoral fellows, technicians, research assistants/associates, or newly independent investigators) will be given the opportunity to present posters related to their research interests, facilitating the connection between hosts and exchange scientists.
Event Location: Hosted online. A link to the online sessions will be provided to successful applicants.
Application Deadline: Please register to join by July 18, 2022.
Application Procedure & Registration Fees:
- Anyone interested in attending should register online at this link by Monday, July 18, 2022 at 11:59 PM (sender’s time).
- This symposium is free to attend for investigators or trainees working on a research project in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian or UK lab.
- For further information on this symposium or for registration related enquiries, please contact Ellie Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendees should be investigators or trainees working on a research project in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian or UK lab.
For further information on this event or for registration related enquiries, please contact Ellie Arnold at email@example.com.