Creative Destruction Lab Travel Support Award
The Stem Cell Network is excited to announce support for venture teams in the stem cell and regenerative medicine space who apply to and are invited to participate in the Creative Destruction Lab’s (CDL) Health stream program.
CDL’s Health stream, which operates out of CDL-West (Vancouver) and CDL-Toronto, supports teams pursuing commercial opportunities predicated on translational science and technology innovations that improve human health and wellness. The Health stream program helps technical teams to bring their early stage health innovations to market by providing access to accomplished mentors and investors in the life sciences domain. CDL is a non-profit organization. There are no fees for participation and CDL does not take any equity.
More details about the CDL Health stream program can be found here and a brief video intro to the CDL program can be found here. To discuss the program in detail we encourage prospective SCN applicants to speak directly with a CDL Health stream staff member by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for acceptance into CDL’s 2019-20 cohort is August 12, 2019. Contact CDL (email@example.com) for details or to arrange an informational call. The CDL application form can be found here. When submitting your CDL application please note the following:
- Applicants should stipulate their CDL stream preference to be “HEALTH”
- Applicants should stipulate their CDL site preference to be “CDL-West (Vancouver, CA)” and or “CDL-Toronto (Toronto, CA)”.
- Applicants should specify that they will be applying to the Stem Cell Network for a bursary in the “Is there anything else you would like to tell us?” field of the Additional Information section of the CDL application form.
- Applicants should notify SCN directly about the submission of their CDL application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCN Travel Support Award
SCN is offering a limited number of travel support awards (up to $5,000 per venture team) to offset the costs of participating venture team member(s) to attend up to five in-person objective-setting sessions offered by CDL between November 2019 and June 2020.
Eligibility for the SCN Award
To be eligible for this SCN travel support award, applicants must:
- Be a Principal Investigator or Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) working at a Canadian lab and seeking to commercialize a stem cell and/or regenerative medicine-based technology or therapy;
- Have been accepted into the CDL Health stream site cohort for 2019-20 (contact CDL by emailing email@example.com for details regarding the notification process); and
- Commit to attending all the five objective-setting sessions in person (subject to re-invitation to each subsequent session per CDL program protocol) held between October 2019 and June 2020.
- Complete the application form and return it, along with any additional documents required, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- SCN management will review all complete applications, and applicants will be informed of the outcome by Friday, October 4, 2019.
Questions regarding the SCN travel support award can be directed to Jon Draper (email@example.com).