Discovery to Commercialization Conference
The Stem Cell Network (SCN) is proud to partner with the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine to support stem cell and regenerative medicine researchers from across Canada to attend the inaugural Discovery to Commercialization conference. This conference is an education and networking event that aims to improve awareness and knowledge of the commercialization process and provides opportunities to foster new relationships within the life sciences community.
The Discovery to Commercialization conference will take place May 28-29, 2020 at UBC Robson Square, Vancouver, BC, and will serve as a forum for faculty and industry partners with commercialization experience to share lessons learned from their entrepreneurial ventures and their industry career pathways with researchers new to the arena of science-based business development.
The Stem Cell Network is offering a limited number of awards to enable Investigators or trainees to attend the Discovery to Commercialization conference. Please note that SCN has a limited number of registrations reserved for this event and applicants seeking SCN travel support must apply through the SCN application procedure listed below and do not need to register using the Discovery to Commercialization conference website.
EVENT DETAILS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Event Location: Theatre (C300), UBC Robson Square, 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6Z 3B7
Event Dates, Times and Schedule:
- Thursday, May 28, 2020 | 8:30am to 4:30pm (Doors open at 8:00 am)
Networking Reception from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Friday, May 29, 2020 | 8:30am to 1:00pm (Doors open at 8:00 am)
Please follow this link to view the full schedule.
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 16, 2020.
Application Procedure & Registration Fees
SCN has a limited number of registrations reserved, and SCN support will include the registration fee for this conference; all those interested in the SCN award must download the application form from the SCN website and submit a completed application form to SCN by end of day Thursday, April 16, 2020.
Details of the SCN Award and Application Procedure:
This SCN award provides financial assistance for investigators or trainees‡ to attend the Discovery to Commercialization conference, May 28-29, 2020.
‡ The definition of a trainee is a graduate student, post-doc, research associate and/or technician currently working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- Application deadline is 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Thursday, April 16, 2020.
- The SCN award will cover the registration fee for the conference and travel expenses associated with attending the conference, for investigators or trainees not based in Vancouver:
- Travel to/from the conference location
- Up to two nights accommodation at our designated hotel (the night of May 27 and the night of May 28)
- Meals not provided during the conference
- Reimbursement will be processed following the workshop and in accordance with the SCN Travel Booking & Reimbursement Policy (policy will be provided to the selected applicants).
- Two trainees of the same gender may be required to share a room.
- The SCN award will also cover the conference registration fee (paid directly to the organizers).
- Candidates must be an Investigator or trainee (i.e. graduate student, post-doc, research associate and/or technician) working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- The applicant needs to clearly justify their attendance at the Discovery to Commercialization conference and explain how attending the event will benefit their near-term or long-term plans to commercialize a stem cell or regenerative medicine discovery.
- Deadline: Applications must be submitted by: 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Thursday, April 16, 2020.
- The completed application should be emailed to Rebecca Cadwalader at the SCN office for review – email email@example.com
- The SCN Training & Education Committees will review all complete applications, and applicants will be informed of the competition outcome by Friday, April 24, 2020.
Download the application form
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS:
By accepting a SCN award, the recipient agrees to provide a report describing the value of the training and networking opportunities made available through the award. This information will be used at SCN’s discretion on its website, newsletters and for the purpose of reporting to their funding agencies. By registering for this event attendees also accept to have their pictures taken during workshop and used in materials as described above. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received.
For further information on applying for a SCN award to attend the Discovery to Commercialization conference, please contact Rebecca Cadwalader at firstname.lastname@example.org