ECR Program: Pre- and Post-Award Financial Management
Note: This workshop is hosted online in English only.
The management of lab finances is a critical task for researchers at all stages to ensure that there is enough funds to run experiments, maintain lab space, and pay stipends/salaries. It is particularly critical that Early Career Researchers learn strategies to carefully construct grant budgets for new funding while efficiently managing start-up funds and early career grants. This webinar, hosted by Stem Cell Network and finance experts in the Grants Management Office at the Hospital for Sick Children, will provide attendees with methods for financial management at all stages of the grant/award life cycle.
- Overview of financial management as it relates to grants and awards, including the award life cycle (pre and post)
- Considerations for developing research project budgets when applying for granting agency funding
- Post-award set up to successfully manage and track the funds and related expenses
- Forecasting and average expenditure rate calculation
- Project close out: overview of things to do when project has ended, or funds spent
Who Should Attend?
All researchers working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in Canadian labs are encouraged to attend. The content of this webinar will be targeted towards Early Career Researchers (that is, researchers within the first five years of their first independent academic appointment).
Workshop Format and Dates:
February 14, 2023, at 12-1 p.m. ET
Register here by February 14, 2023, at 12 p.m. ET
For further information on this workshop or for application related enquiries, please contact Ellie Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.