Summer by Design Workshop
Workshop Dates: June 6-21, 2020
Location: University of Toronto, Toronto.
New Application Deadline: March 6, 2020
Stem Cell Network is excited to announce a limited number of travel support awards to attend Summer by Design, a two-week international workshop on translating and commercializing regenerative medicine.
Summer by Design, which is hosted by the University of Toronto’s Medicine by Design initiative, in partnership with CCRM, the Rotman School of Management and Stem Cell Network, is an intensive two-week workshop each summer for high-performing PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows from around the world to advance their understanding of how to translate and commercialize regenerative medicine research. The workshop takes place in Toronto, Canada, where stem cells were first discovered in the 1960s and a leading regenerative medicine ecosystem has developed.
Summer by Design brings together trainees from selected international and Canadian regenerative medicine institutes to learn from experts in translation and commercialization, explore the city’s dynamic life sciences hub, and make connections with emerging researchers from around the world.
Please visit the Summer by Design website to view workshop details, key dates and the application form.
Details of the SCN Award and Application Procedure:
This SCN award provides financial assistance for eligible trainees to attend the Summer by Design workshop in Toronto, June 6-21, 2020, hosted by the University of Toronto’s Medicine by Design initiative, in partnership with CCRM, the Rotman School of Management and Stem Cell Network.
Travel Support Award Conditions:
- The SCN award will cover travel expenses associated with attending the workshop, for trainees not based in Toronto:
- travel to/from the workshop location, accommodation on the University of Toronto downtown campus from June 6-21, 2020, and meals not provided during the workshop.
- Reimbursement will be processed following the workshop, in accordance with the SCN Travel Booking & Reimbursement Policy (policy will be provided to the selected applicants).
Applications for the limited number of SCN travel support awards to attend the Summer by Design workshop will be accepted from PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows from a Canadian lab who are working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine.
- Applicants must complete the online application form on the Summer by Design website and ensure that they mark their preference to be considered for a SCN travel support award. The application deadline is February 21, 2020.
- Only applicants who have completed the application process described on the Summer by Design website and received an offer of a place on the workshop will be considered for SCN travel support.
- The SCN Training & Education Committee will review all applications requesting SCN travel support, and applicants will be informed of the competition outcome in the first half of March 2020.
Reporting and Communication Requirements:
By accepting a SCN award, the recipient agrees to provide a report describing the value of the training and networking opportunities made available through the award. This information will be used at SCN’s discretion on its website, newsletters and for the purpose of reporting to its funding agency. By accepting the SCN award attendees also accept to have their pictures taken during the workshop, which may be used in the reporting tools mentioned above. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received.