The purpose of the Stem Cell Network – Heart & Stroke Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women’s Heart and/or Brain Health is to attract new qualified, promising post-doctoral scientists entering their professional career at the intersection of stem cells, regenerative medicine, and women’s heart and brain health research. Successful applicants will pursue research, including stem cell and regenerative medicine approaches that can be used to investigate, treat, or cure heart and/or brain diseases that predominantly affect women. One award will be provided in this call and the award must be taken up with a start date between January 1, 2024 and March 1, 2024. The application must include a description of the research project, a justification of the project’s alignment with the award criteria, and support from an identified prospective PDF supervisor. This award is up to two years in duration and is intended for those in a relatively early stage in their post-doctoral career.
Applications can be made in English or French.
The application process is closed.
View the detailed program guidelines here.
View the application instructions here.
Required: MD, DMD, DVM, PhD, or equivalent received at least two months prior to the commencement of the fellowship. Must not be simultaneously serving an internship or residency. Individuals must take up their award with a Principal Investigator at a Canadian institution that meets the eligibility criteria for Tri-Agency funding.
All interested applicants must access and submit full applications to Stem Cell Network via ProposalCentral by September 8, 2023, at 17:00 ET. The application consists of the following components:
- Completed application form, including:
- Applicant expertise
- Research contributions and impacts
- Training, mentorship, and career development plan
- Research project title
- Research proposal and justification
- Research project lay summary
- Applicant Canadian Common CV, in CIHR Academic Format
- Proposed Supervisor Canadian Common CV, in CIHR Academic Format
- Up to three (3) letters of support (minimum two, maximum three) must be submitted that assess the applicant’s scientific abilities and contributions, as well as the potential of the applicant.
- Note: At least one letter of support should come from the prospective PDF supervisor to confirm their intent on hosting the PDF and outlining the benefits to their research program. Additional letter(s) of support should come from the individual(s) under whom the applicant has trained, who are familiar with the candidate’s characteristics and abilities and/or who have had a good opportunity to assess their potential for research.
Applicants may apply in English or French.
$60,000 per year, 100% of which is for salary support.
|Funding opportunity launch||June 30, 2023|
|Application deadline||September 8, 2023, 17:00 ET|
|Notice of decision||October 2023|
|Funding start date||January 1, 2024 (Award must be started on or before March 1, 2024)|
About Heart & Stroke
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. That’s why Heart & Stroke has been leading the fight to beat heart disease and stroke for 70 years. We must generate the next medical breakthroughs, so Canadians don’t miss out on precious moments. Together, we are working to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery through research, health promotion and public policy. Heartandstroke.ca @HeartandStroke
For technical assistance with the ProposalCentral portal, contact Customer Support at 800 875 2562 (Toll-free U.S. and Canada), +1 703 964 5840 (Direct Dial International) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.