Stem Cell Network and Mitacs
Industry-Based Internship Partnership
Recognizing the importance of talent development to advance the sector, in 2022, the Stem Cell Network and Mitacs launched a new partnership that will provide tomorrow’s life science leaders with the skills and experience required to work within Canada’s burgeoning RM sector.
The SCN-Mitacs industry-based internship partnership aims to pair the brightest graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with RM-focused biotech companies that are moving innovative therapies and technologies into the marketplace.
This internship partnership is offered through the Mitacs Accelerate program and will match up to five candidates per year with Canadian companies to complete an eight-month internship. Successful candidates will gain exposure to and work experience in industry and develop fundamental technical and business skills by undertaking a stem cell and regenerative medicine-related project. The program will run annually from 2022 to 2025.
To view the 2022-2023 Interns, click here: https://stemcellnetwork.ca/training/2022-2023-interns/
Mitacs and Stem Cell Network Industry-Based Internship Program 2023-2024
The application process is closed.
Stage 1 Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
Start Date: July 2023 – January 2024
This application cycle is for the Summer/Fall 2023 term (for projects beginning no earlier than July 2023) and will fund up to five intern positions.
Who Should Apply:
This internship is intended for students in Masters/PhD programs or for Postdoctoral fellows. Recent graduates within two years of their degree and affiliated with an eligible academic institution will also be eligible.
- Train highly qualified personnel to be scientific and industry leaders able to position Canada at the forefront of regenerative medicine
- De-risk innovations and fertilize the field for subsequent commercial activity
Partner Companies (See here for a full internship description):
- Allarta Life Science
- Aspect Biosystems
- Axolotl Biosciences
- Cryostasis Inc
- Jenthera Therapeutics
- Mediphage Bioceuticals
- Mesintel Therapeutics
- Morphocell Technologies
- Octane Orthobiologics
- PanTHERA Cryosolutions
- Virano Therapeutics
Dates & Key Details:
- March 1, 2023: Expression of Interest application package is due
- March 2023: EOI application packages evaluated by SCN’s Training and Education Committee
- March-April 2023: Matchmaking between interns and companies
- May 12, 2023: Full applications to Mitacs are due
- July 2023 – January 2024: Internship start date