Stem Cell Network International Travel Awards
The Stem Cell Network International Travel Awards Program gives trainees / Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) the opportunity to communicate their work internationally and contribute to the visibility of Canadian research abroad.
SCN’s International Travel Awards enable trainees or HQP to attend international conferences or meetings on stem cells, cell therapy and regenerative medicine. Interested trainees can apply for a travel award any time.
*Applications are currently being accepted for conference travel occurring between January 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024.
A limited number of travel awards will be given out on a first-come, first-considered basis for each quarter, subject to SCN approval.
Download the Application Form Here
How to Apply
- Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications will be reviewed by SCN management on an ad-hoc basis.
- The completed application should be emailed to Ellie Arnold at email@example.com
- Provide a full letter of support from your current supervisor detailing how your attendance at the proposed international meeting will benefit your research and the lab’s stem cell research program as a whole. Letters should be e-mailed by supervisors directly to Ellie Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org, at the same time you submit your application documents.
- SCN management will review the application, and the applicant will be notified of the decision within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- Candidates must be a Trainee or Highly Qualified Personnel (i.e. graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, research assistant or research associate) working in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine in a Canadian lab.
- The proposed international meeting must be aligned with the mission of the Stem Cell Network.
- The applicant needs to clearly justify their attendance at the proposed international meeting and explain how attending the meeting will benefit their research project, career goals and the work of their home lab.
- The applicant must provide proof that their submitted abstract has been accepted for presentation by the organizers of the international meeting.
- SCN will provide financial support up to a maximum of $2,500 per successful applicant, on a reimbursement basis. This support can be used to cover flights between the city where the international meeting is taking place and the home city of the successful applicant, ground transportation, accommodation, and meals not provided by the event.
- Note that this award does not cover conference or meeting registration fees.
- Available funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-considered basis each quarter, subject to approval by SCN management.
- The application for a Stem Cell Network International Travel Award must be submitted before attending the conference, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they have received a travel award notification from SCN prior to attending the conference. Applications to support travel costs associated with past attendance of a conference will not be considered.
- By accepting a SCN International Travel Award, the recipient agrees to provide a short report describing the value of the training and networking opportunities made available through the award. This information will be used at SCN’s discretion on its website, newsletters and for the purpose of reporting to its funding agency. Please note that expense reimbursement will be processed only once the completed report is received at the SCN office.
For further information on applying for an SCN International Travel Award, please contact Ellie Arnold at email@example.com.